Farmington CT Homes for Sale
About Farmington CT
Farmington is a town located in Hartford County in the Farmington Valley area of central Connecticut. The population was 25,262 at the 2010 census. It is home to the world headquarters of several large corporations including Carrier Corporation, Otis Elevator Company, and Carvel. As an affluent suburb of Hartford, Farmington is often regarded as one of the most posh and desirable communities in the area.
Farmington has a prime location near the the shopping center in West Hartford, as well as the shopping centers along Route 44 in Avon, Simsbury, and Canton. Farmington also offers a number of outdoor activities such as the Farmington Canal Trail which runs from Farmington all the way into Massachusetts. This paved trail is great for running, walking, and bicycling. Farmington also has the Farmington river which offers a number of picturesque parks and tubing on the river in the summer months.
Farmington Statistics & Links
Farmington Statistics from 2011 Survey
- Population (2011): 25,186
- Land Area (Sq. Miles): 28
- Pop./Sq. Mile: 898
- Median Age: 44
- Households: 10,545
- Median HH Income: $86,675
- View Complete CERC Town Profile for Farmington
- View Farmington CT Real Estate Market Trends
- Farmington Public Schools District Office -- 1 Monteith Dr, Farmington CT 06032
- Farmington High School (Grades 9-12) -- 10 Monteith Dr, Farmington CT 06032
- Irving A. Robbins Middle School (Grades 7-8) -- 20 Wolf Pit Rd, Farmington CT 06032
- West Woods Upper Elementary (Grades 5-6) -- 50 Judson Lane, Farmington CT 06032
- East Farms School (Grades K-4) -- 25 Wolf Pit Rd, Farmington CT 06032
- Noah Wallace School (Grades K-4) -- 2 School St, Farmington CT 06032
- Union School (Grades K-4) -- 173 School St, Unionville CT 06085
- West District School (Grades K-4) -- 114 West District Rd, Unionville CT 06085
- Learn more about Farmington's schools here.
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 25th March, 2019 10:00 PM.