Burlington CT Homes for Sale
About Burlington, CT
Burlington is a town in Hartford County, Connecticut. Situated at the foot of the Berkshires and bordering the Farmington River, Burlington is a scenic hill town, rural in nature, located 20 miles (32 km) west of Hartford. Incorporated in 1806, the population was 9,076 in 2010. Burlington is home to the State of Connecticut Fish Hatchery and the Nepaug Reservoir. Almost half of the land in the town is owned by three public water supply companies and the State of Connecticut.
Burlington has a lot of protected forest and watershed land making this town a very pristine, scenic hill town. While you quickly notice Burlington is a small, quaint town, you are never too far from all of your shopping needs in the nearby towns of Canton, Simsbury, and Avon. Just a 20-30 minute ride will get you to these shopping centers.
Burlington Statistics & Links
Burlington Statistics from 2011 Survey
- Population (2011): 9,191
- Land Area (Sq. Miles): 30
- Pop./Sq. Mile: 308
- Median Age: 42
- Households: 3,313
- Median HH Income: $114,792
- View Complete CERC Town Profile for Burlington
- View Burlington CT Real Estate Market Trends
Burlington is part of the Region 10 School District, serving the towns of Burlington and Harwinton.
- Burlington Public Schools District Office -- 24 Lyon Rd, Burlington CT 06013
- Lewis S. Mills High School (Grades 9-12) -- 26 Lyon Rd, Burlington CT 06013
- Har-Bur Middle School (Grades 5-8) -- 26 Lyon Rd, Burlington CT 06013
- Lake Garda Elementary (Grades K-4) -- 61 Monce Rd, Burlington CT 06013
- Harwinton Consolidated (Grades K-4) -- 115 Litchfield Rd, Harwinton CT 06791
- Learn more about Burlington's schools here.
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 25th March, 2019 10:30 PM.