Avon CT Homes for Sale
About Avon, CT
Avon is a town in the Farmington Valley region of Hartford County, Connecticut. As of 2010, the town had a population of 17,648. Avon is a suburb of Hartford. Avon Old Farms School, a prestigious boarding school, is located here. In 2005, Avon was named the third-safest town in America by Money Magazine. It is home to the Pine Grove School House, which was built in 1865 and remains open today as a museum. Avon is home to Avon High School; as well as two elementary schools, Pine Grove Elementary and Roaring Brook Elementary; an intermediate (grades 5-6) school, Thompson Brook; and a middle school (grades 7-8), Avon Middle School.
There is plenty to do in Avon and the surrounding area. Route 44 through Simsbury, Avon, and Canton is home to one of the best shopping areas in the state. If you're an outdoors person, the Farmington Canal Trail runs right through Avon and stretches from Farmington all the way into Massachusetts. This paved trail is great for running, walking, or bicycling. If you're an avid golfer, there are a number of golf courses in town and surrounding towns. The town of Avon has a number of parks and recreational facilities open to the public during warmer months of the year.
Avon Statistics & Links
Avon Statistics from 2011 Survey
- Population (2011): 18,175
- Land Area (Sq. Miles): 23
- Pop./Sq. Mile: 786
- Median Age: 39
- Households: 7,056
- Median HH Income: $114,224
- View Complete CERC Town Profile for Avon
- View Avon CT Real Estate Market Trends
- Avon Public Schools District Office -- 34 Simsbury Rd, Avon CT 06001
- Avon High School (Grades 9-12) -- 510 West Avon Rd, Avon CT 06001
- Avon Middle School (Grades 7-8) -- 375 West Avon Rd, Avon CT 06001
- Thompson Brook (Grades 5-6) -- 150 Thompson Rd, Avon CT 06001
- Pine Grove (Grades Pre-4) -- 151 Scoville Rd, Avon CT 06001
- Roaring Brook (Grades Pre-4) -- 30 Old Wheeler Lane, Avon CT 06001
Listing information provided courtesy of SmartMLS. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.
Updated: 19th September, 2019 6:26 AM.